No one’s grade is to be hurt.
Quick apologies for slowness (part family stuff,
part what the grading showed)
2nd Part is open. You can wait or start
once I enter your grades on the 1st Part.
4. Seeing things to help all interpret your papers
“half-copy” plagiarism - dangers Bedford examples
Underlining in color or pencil shows it and 4F in the margin (for Habit 4)
I know you did not know this or you would not have done it.
No one will pay for this. That others did not notice in your past will hurt you. Your boss will notice, profs will notice.
If writing with book open, you will do “half-copy” and you will misread
· Many factually inaccurate
· The readings for the 1st Part
How a paper looks with footnotes
About those who were not here for the cheat sheet.
How fast Word footnote tool is
Need volunteers .
5. Somethings I should have said about citation in the demo for the cheatsheet:
If you have used what is called inline
citations, you just need to replace that good habit with the habit of putting a
superscript in your words and the footnote below.
· Chicago Manual of Style and jobs or disciplines with money at stake are rigorous about evidence.
Manual of Style is about writing about history not collecting stuff for a
term papers or repeating others’ words.
for examples of why no one will pay you for this.
Additional offer re the content grade
If you did the things I saw and if you try to change your habits enough by the 3rd Part writing and therefore earn above a C- (the 20.9) on the 3rd Part’s content, I will replace that 20.9 on the 1st Part content with whatever is the higher grade on the 3rd Part’s content.
7. You will get back in this order on the right side of the folder:
Rubric with my marks (top) and a space for your required response (bottom)
Your name and what a # (1.11 or another number)
and Cheatsheet Attached means
the 1.11 means (If you change, you get the full 20 out of 20)
· If you have a letter grade from C to A marked
If you have the X’s marked
- the 20.9 means
- the 1.11 means (If you change, you get the full 30 out of 30)
required response before I enter
points (the pink stuff)
Your paper with Habit #s (like 2F) in the left
Plus using one color to highlight all citation and another to highlight “half-copy”
Plus if your footnote numbering was incorrect, marked with highlighter
a. where you could have put your superscript # (like 1) in your text
b.what you needed to put in the footnote at the bottom
The Cheatsheet if you
attached one. Note: the offer to those who did not.
8. How can I possibly mark that you “half-copy” plagiarized and I can prove it?
· Please hear what I am trying to tell you:
· It is not that you lack morals.
· It is that you have a habit dangerous to your future either in future levels of classes or in a job.
· How is it possible for me to mark it fast and prove it:
· The Rules - The Bedford Handbook on half-copy plagiarism Chicago Manual of Style.
grade with the book side by side with your papers
How can I possibly mark that you are factually
inaccurate and I can prove it?
See the bullets in 4.
Or if you think I am wrong, you can show me on the textbook page why I am wrong. I am fine with your showing where you saw that meaning.
That’s what is neat and morally powerful about evidence, OK?